In the increasingly competitive global economy, a technological edge is more important than ever. Companies must aggressively protect the value of their inventions and their proprietary information. Patents are vital elements of these efforts. An increasing part of the value of goods and services being sold today lies in the owners’ rights relating to their invention and design. These intellectual property rights must be maintained and protected at home and abroad.
We assist our clients in the protection of their intellectual property by obtaining patents in the United States and around the world. Our patent prosecution practice spans the full spectrum of technologies. Our areas of expertise and the partners in charge are:
- Electrical engineering, telecommunications, Internet, computers, electronics, software and optics (Leon R. Turkevich)
- Mechanical engineering, emphasizing electric power generation, automotive and medical equipment, and design applications (Edward J. Stemberger)
We assist our clients in numerous aspects of patent protection, including:
- Patent prosecution (utility and design) before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Appeals to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences
- Reexamination and reissue applications
- Patentability, validity and infringement opinions
- International patent protection and strategy
- Web site hosting agreements
- Web site design agreements
- Licensing rights for Internet exploitation
- Internet-technology patents
The Internet is giving rise to challenging legal issues. Many of them involve intellectual property rights. The protection of works published on the Internet is a major concern. Issues have also arisen regarding trade secrets and patents on Internet technology.
Lawyers at Manelli Selter have extensive experience in protecting intellectual property rights on the Internet. Leon R. Turkevich has extensive experience in Internet-related patents.